Do you know where your food, energy, and water come from?
FEW-View™ is an online educational tool that helps U.S. residents and community leaders visualize their supply chains, with an emphasis on food, energy, and water. This tool lets you see the hidden connections and benchmark your supply chain’s sustainability, security, and resilience.
FEW-View™ is developed by scientists at Northern Arizona University and at the Decision Theater® at Arizona State University. FEW-View™ is an initiative of the FEWSION™ project, a collaboration between scientists at over a dozen universities (https://fewsion.us/team/). FEWSION™ was founded in 2016 by a grant from the INFEWS basic research program of the National Science Foundation (NSF) and the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA). The opinions expressed are those of the researchers and not necessarily the funding agencies.
FEW-View™ Screenshot April 2019
- The FEWSION Database v. 1.3 now contains FEWSION Domestic and FEWSION International components.
- The data that was previously in FEW-VIEW™ V1.2 (FEWSION Database v. 1.0) is now FEWSION Domestic.
- FEWSION International is a complete global bilateral trade database for 2019 harmonized to the FEWSION commodity code system.
- FEW-VIEW™ V1.3 now has a ‘Country’ Boundary selection to access FEWSION International.
- The Boundary selection for ‘State’ or ‘County’ is used to access FEWSION Domestic.
- Auto update feature for all the supported options on the left side menu
- Added animation to show the flow direction of arrows
- Arrows can be shown/hidden in all scenarios including build your own
- User can specify the number of flows/arrows to be visible
- New analytics are added (Total Outflows and Total Inflows)
- Updated datasets for certain analytics and flows
- Changed the map behavior when user starts interacting
- Added 2 new scenarios
- Added a GLOSSARY PAGE which shows all the terms used in the app
- Benchmarking now shows GDP stats
- Removed the terms bar as new page was added
- Changed the scenario page to Single Page Application, so when changing scenario from the dropdown the app no-longer reloads the entire page, there by loads the scenarios much faster
- Refactored and optimized the code
- New version of Benchmarking
- Updated the data import scripts
- Users feedback bug fixed
- Fixed scrolling issue in compare scenarios page
- Scenario name not present in pdf bug fixed
- Added a min zoom level button in the map, which on click will show the entire map
- Display warning message to the user if any extensions installed in users browser stop any requests to our servers
- Show Commodities, Units, and Data layer drop-downs in full width instead of giving a horizontal scroll and vertical scroll
- Modified the citation to reflect the V1.1 release
- Code refactored
- Zoom reset was not working in production env
FEW-VIEW™ LICENSE TEXT
FEW-View(TM) and limited extracts from the FEWSION Database™ visualized by FEW-View™ are licensed to the user under the Creative Commons License “Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0)”, Accessible at https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/legalcode. You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may not use the material for commercial purposes. If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original. FEW-View(TM) and the FEWSION Database™ are the property of the Arizona Board of Regents.
PUBLIC ACCESS FEWSION DATABASE™ EXTRACTS LICENSE TEXT
Publicly accessible extracts from the FEWSION Database™ are licensed to the user under the Creative Commons License “Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0)”, Accessible at https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/legalcode. You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may not use the material for commercial purposes. If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original. The FEWSION Database™ is the property of Northern Arizona University and the Arizona Board of Regents.
PRIVATE ACCESS FEWSION DATABASE LICENSE TEXT
User has been provided with access to the FEWSION Database™. The FEWSION Database™ is the property of Northern Arizona University and the Arizona Board of Regents. The FEWSION Database™ may not be duplicated, reproduced, distributed to third parties, used to create derivative works, displayed publicly, or used for any purpose without express written consent of Northern Arizona University. Your access agreement serves as this express written consent and specifies the allowable uses.