Faculty Sabbatical, EPSCoR, and Fulbright Fellows
- Junior Faculty from US EPSCoR States are eligible to apply to their State’s EPSCoR Office for the EPSCoR Research Fellows program, which may provide funding for up to 6 months of collaboration with the FEWSION project.
- Fulbright Scholars from non-US countries are invited to study with a FEWSION™ partner.
- Faculty on Sabbatical are invited to study with a FEWSION™ partner.
Staff and Student Work Opportunities
FEWSION™ is seeking to fill a Postdoctoral research position based out of the project office at Northern Arizona University (NAU) in beautiful Flagstaff, Arizona, with temporary duty locations possibly including Reno, NV (DRI) and Tempe, AZ (ASU). The position is open immediately until filled. Candidates should demonstrate strong scientific writing, quantitative analysis, and programming skills. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply; NAU is an AA/EEO/MWDV employer. A background check is required. Direct inquiries to Ben Ruddell at benjamin.ruddell (at) nau.edu. Salary Range: $45,000 – $55,000 (postdoctoral) Depending Upon Qualifications, Job ID: 603514, visit https://nau.edu/Human-Resources/Careers/Staff-Welcome-Page/
CUAHSI (www.cuahsi.org) is offering a Master Class on Food Energy and Water Systems in a Global Economy on May 13-16, 2019 in beautiful Flagstaff, Arizona (https://www.cuahsi.org/education/training/training-and-workshops/master-class-food-energy-and-water-systems-in-a-global-economy). The class is encouraged for graduate students and researchers interested in the FEWSION™ project’s methods and data. The class is taught by Megan Konar (UIUC) and Ben Ruddell (NAU), along with other participating FEWSION™ scientists. The course charges a modest fee and requires that students cover travel costs, but some discounts and scholarships may be available for early registrants. The course has been offered since 2017, and will probably be offered biannually on an ongoing basis; contact the lead instructor or CUAHSI to be placed on the waiting list for the next offering if you miss the registration deadline.
Living and Studying in Flagstaff
- Northern Arizona University is a world class research community for earth science, ecology, climate science, and now informatics, among other disciplines.
- Flagstaff is a top small college town for the quality of life.
- Flagstaff has some of the best weather in the U.S., with its southern latitude and 7000’ high elevation.
- Flagstaff has a great ski resort.
- Flagstaff is less than an hour from the world-class outdoor destinations in the Grand Canyon and Sedona, and 2-3 hours from the winter sports and entertainment venues of Phoenix and Las Vegas; both Alpine and Sonoran Desert weather are less than an hour away.
- Flagstaff is a “dark sky city” and a hotspot for astronomy
- Read More